PSideo: "swiss made" business software creator
PSideo software development department positioning is to offer a comprehensive solution for our customers to manage their business, both on IT and software aspects.
Our core domain of expertise in software targets large custom business applications that involve strong analysis and innovation.
PSideo : a project success factor
Our team, based in Geneva, is exclusively made of high class software engineers with strong capacities in understanding the business problems our customers are facing, and with perfect command of complex solutions architecture and implementation.
The knowledge of our customers’ IT networks and systems enables us to provide:
- Perfect integration and deployment of our applications into the IT ecosystem.
- End-to-end security
We use a rigorous methodology at all steps of the project life cycle:
- Business Specifications: Global overview and understanding of the client’s business and requirements (w/ priority)
- Functional Specifications: analyze business specifications to find the common concepts, analyze the core features and secondary features, define vocabulary. This phase also includes a UI prototype
- Technical Specifications: Analyze functional specification for technical requirements. At this step, we design the “Toolbox”, our set of common components that achieve specific technical goals, as it depends on the project and customer environment
- Planning: The development is an iterative process based on the business requirements and features. The analysis of the functional and technical specifications enable us to determine priorities and development phases (pyramidal approach)
- And also: Testing, Release management, Documentation, Training & Support, Issue tracking
In terms of technology, our approach is based on integrating existing components and developing reusable components using the leading tools and frameworks, in order to:
- Enhance productivity: deliver new features as fast as possible, improve existing features as fast as possible
- Provide standardized user experience
- Avoid code defects
Our approach has been successfully demonstrated in several large business applications.
The most significant application is an event management software that enables to register and manage participants with complex pricing and reservation business rules. The project was so successful that this application is now a key business differentiator for our customer, and has become the unique platform to all new business requirements (scientific abstracts handling, association management …), thanks to its flexible N-tiers architecture.
This software now features: 9.5 millions C# code lines, Database with 800 tables and 13'000 stored procedures.
Learn more about this project on the official B-Com web site.